Friday, December 12, 2014

My time at Hathaway Brown School was one that I will truly never forget.  All of the experiences that I was able to take away from each individual class will allow me to better myself in my attempt to become a high school History teacher.  There were certain things I was able to notice that I can take away as positive influences to the classroom as well as a few that I should try to stay away from. Having a program in our education system at John Carroll where I am able to see first hand what a high school classroom is like from the perspective of a teacher only reaffirms my ambitions to become one myself.  There were questions in my mind that I was able to answer base on what I saw on a day to day basis.  My time spent in class as a student was also brought back into the light.  Things that I found to be boring and useless as student were shown to me in  a way that not only made them necessary but also beneficial to the learning of the students.  I would like to thank the HB community for allowing me to sit in on their classes as well as a special thank you to Mr. Hoffman for setting up the times for me to come in, as well as his colleagues for taking the time to make me feel welcome as both a future educator as well as a student of what it means to be an influential teacher in today's education system.

No comments:

Post a Comment